The Wetlands Institute is currently accepting applications for the part-time and seasonal position of Summer Nature Program Instructor.
- Develops and conducts classroom and outdoor activities focused on exploring coastal environments such as salt marsh wetlands and ocean habitants and their associated wildlife and environmental concepts.
- Supervises and teaches a specific age group of children, with the overall program consisting of children ranging from age 4 to age 13.
- Assists with maintenance and organization of teaching supplies as well as maintaining teaching spaces in a “public-ready” condition.
- It is expected that this position must be available to work a full Summer Nature Program schedule from June 28 – August 23, 2023, including an initial training session in mid-June.
Education and Experience:
- Sufficient education and training to demonstrate an ability or aptitude to perform the above and related duties. A college degree in educational field and/or biology or current enrollment in such a college level course of study is preferred.
- Previous public speaking and/or teaching experience to a variety of groups ranging in all sizes and age levels is a plus.
- Must be able to work outdoors in mud, sand, shallow water, and insects.
- Must be able to work in all conditions, including sun, rain, and wind.
- Some heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) may be required.
- Final candidate will be subject to a background check.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to Brooke Knapick, Director of Educational Program Development via email or USPS. Email is preferred. Application closes March 5, 2023.
The Wetlands Institute
1075 Stone Harbor Boulevard
Stone Harbor, New Jersey 08247
The Wetlands Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, The Wetlands Institute complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. The Wetlands Institute also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with all applicable laws.